Anti Wrinkle Injections
- 3 Areas - £230
- 2 Areas - £180
- 1 Area - £130
Botulinum Toxin or “Botox” is perfect if you’re looking to smooth out fine lines and wrinkles. It is injected superficially and freezes the muscles in the area that causes deep lines and wrinkles on movement.
When an injection is administered, the nerve sends a message to the specified muscle telling it to relax. This has an immediate softening effect on the targeted wrinkles.
After treatment you should start to see an improvement within 2 to 3 days, the full effect can take up to 30 days. The benefits of treatment usually last between 4 and 6 months but can vary depending on your individual response.
Treatment areas include
Pre Treatment Advice
Do not consume alcohol at least 24 hours before undergoing treatment, as the substance can thin the blood and increase the possibility of bruising. You should also avoid medications such as blood thinners or anti-inflammatories.
The following aftercare advice is essential to help reduce the risk of treatment complications, to improve your comfort/healing and to help achieve the best possible results from treatment.
After treatment the skin may be red, swollen and sometimes bruised at the injection sites. These after-effects will resolve naturally, usually within a few days however it may take up to 2 weeks for more extensive bruising to resolve. Occasionally you may experience a headache after treatment which may last 1-2 days. Usually this is controlled by taking simple over the counter pain killers such as paracetamol.
Please follow the aftercare advice for Botox/Anti-Wrinkle injections.
- Avoid applying makeup to the treated area for 24 hours, this can help reduce the risk of infection.
- Avoid any extremes of temperature for the next 24 hours, for example have a tepid shower or bath rather than hot.
- Avoid exercising or strenuous activity for the first 24 hours post-treatment.
- Do not go swimming or use saunas or steam rooms for at least 24 hours post-treatment.
- No excessive alcohol on the day of the treatment.
- Do not lie flat or face down for at least 4 hours after treatment. Remain upright for 4 hours after treatment, this can help to reduce product migration.
- Avoid touching or rubbing the treated after for at least 24 hours after treatment, doing so may affect treatment results.
- Avoid any further cosmetic procedures to the treated area for 2 weeks following treatment, including permanent makeup and skin treatments.
- You must seek medical attention and contact your practitioner if you experience any signs or symptoms of infection after treatment. Infection can present as hot, red shiny skin, there may be pus formation and you may have a fever or feel generally unwell.
- You must seek emergency medical attention if you experience any severe allergy symptoms after treatment. Symptoms may include rash, facial swelling and breathing difficulties.
- Contact your practitioner as soon as possible if you notice any other unwanted side effects.
- Allow 2 weeks before assessing results of treatment.
- If after 2 weeks there is any persistent unevenness or the product as not fully taken contact your practitioner for review.