Eyelash & Eyebrow Tinting
- With Full Kit: £135
- (kit optional)
- Without Kit: £100
- (you will need to provide the kit contents listed to perform treatments after training)
- You will not be required to use your kit on the training day.
One to One Training with kit £235
One to One Training without kit £200
The GTi course includes the GTi Professional Standards course FREE of charge this is usually priced at £49 + VAT .You will be required to pay a fee of £25 to become a GTI student member to complete the online theory. If within the first 3 months of your membership you were to upgrade to a full membership the £25 you paid will be deducted from the full Guild membership and insurance cost. This will mean you will be able to upgrade to a full member including insurance for £70 including VAT.
Kelly Ann’s Beauty Southampton is a Guild member working in conjunction with GTI (Guild Training International)
Guild Training International is the training arm of the guild of beauty therapists. All courses are accredited and certified to enable you to gain liability insurance which can also be obtained through The Guild.
I genuinely believe as a trainer I have a responsibility for my students and to the reputation of the beauty industry overall.
You will be trained to the highest standard and will have on-going support until you have the knowledge and confidence to go it alone. Your training with Kelly Ann’s Beauty will be completed once you have completed the following:
- The Theory
- The practical day
This course covers the technique for eyebrow shaping, eyelash tinting, eyebrow tinting. The application of strip lashes and the application of flare lashes is covered on the theory but will not be shown in practice on the day, although this is covered in practice with the eyelash extension course. It also includes fantastic anatomy & physiology resources with clear diagrams and voice over. Reception, consultation and aftercare guidance is covered as well as contra-indications to treatment. Photographs and videos ensure this course is both engaging and informative to give you the confidence to perform all of these lash and brow treatments.
Once this has been completed and you have received your Eyelash and Eyebrow tinting certificate but still feel you would like to come into the salon to watch us at work with our existing clients and ask questions I would encourage for you to do so. I will be more than happy to give you this extra time and support. I am fortunate enough to do what I love for a living and hope I can pass this passion on to my students. I believe in an open-door policy and even if after your course you still feel like you need some encouragement and guidance you are more than welcome to come back.
GTi online examinations and one day of practical assessment. Certificates will be issued from The Guild of Beauty Therapists once success has been logged by Kelly Ann’s Beauty.
Eligibility For Eyelash & Eyebrow Tinting Course
- No previous experience is required.
- You will need access to a computer and the internet as well as having your own email account. This is so you can complete your online theory prior to the practical day.
Practical Day 10am to 12pm approx
Times are a guideline only as the time taken will depend on the speed at which each student learns.
You would have watched the online training videos of each stage before the practical day.
You will be provided with a PDF course manual to use as a reference to review before the practical day, these can be printed or downloaded from your student portal. There will also be the below downloads available for your future use and reference:
Sample GP consent letter
Sample parental consent letter
Sensitivity patch testing requirements
Table of terminology
What you will be learning and demonstrating on your practical day:
- Eyebrow Shaping Technique
- Eyelash Tinting Technique
- Eyebrow Tinting Technique
Course content Overview:
After payment you will receive access details by email to complete the Online Theory.
The online theory will cover the following:
- Professional Standards Course
- Introduction, Reception & Consultation
- Anatomy & Physiology – The Skin
- Anatomy & Physiology – The Hair & The Eye
- Contra-indications Preventing Treatment
- Contra-indications Restricting Treatment
- Application of Strip Lashes Technique
- Application of Flare Lashes
Approximately 12 hours of study time will be required to complete the theory element of this course. Once successfully completing the online theory you will receive a Professional Standards certificate. You will then need to contact Kelly Ann’s Beauty with the practical session code you receive online and we will discuss available course dates with you for your practical training day.
- 1 x Natural brown/light brown/blue-black tint
- 1 x Refectocil eye protection papers
- 1 x 100 Cotton pads
- 1 x 100 Cotton buds
- 1 x Oxide liquid
- 1 x Dappen dish and brush
- 1 x eyebrow tweezer
- 1 x eyebrow trimming Scissors
Expectations On The Day
- All students must be dressed in suitable comfortable clothing
- Long hair should be tied back.
- Comfortable shoes must be worn.
- Minimal jewellery should be worn.
- Kelly Ann’s Beauty will provide all the tools required to do Lash and Brow treatments.
- Students must bring a model to work on.
- Tea, coffee and water will be provided; however, students can bring a packed lunch.
Insurance For Training With Kelly Ann’s Beauty
Whilst training you will be practising on volunteer models and will be completely covered and insured by Kelly Ann’s Beauty.
Once you are fully qualified and have received your Eyelash and Eyebrow Tinting certificate there are a number of insurance companies where you can obtain public liability insurance, this will be explained and advised of on the practical day. With this being said you will find in our course costs that you can upgrade to a guild membership for an extra £70.