Female Intimate Waxing Course
- There is no kit with this course as you would need to be experienced and qualified in waxing for at least 6 months.
The GTi course includes the GTi Professional Standards course FREE of charge this is usually priced at £49 + VAT. You will be required to pay a fee of £25 to become a GTI student member to complete the online theory. If within the first 3 months of your membership you were to upgrade to a full membership the £25 you paid will be deducted from the full Guild membership and insurance cost. This will mean you will be able to upgrade to a full member including insurance for £70 including VAT.
Kelly Ann’s Beauty Southampton is a Guild member working in conjunction with GTI (Guild Training International)
Guild Training International is the training arm of the guild of beauty therapists. All courses are accredited and certified to enable you to gain liability insurance which can also be obtained through The Guild.
I genuinely believe as a trainer I have a responsibility for my students and to the reputation of the beauty industry overall.
You will be trained to the highest standard and will have on-going support until you have the knowledge and confidence to go it alone. Your training with Kelly Ann’s Beauty will be completed once you have completed the following:
- The Theory
- The practical day
This course will teach you everything you need to know about offering professional intimate waxing treatments and includes a practical training session and assessment. It will also include fantastic anatomy & physiology resources with clear diagrams. The course is beautifully written and accompanied by images, videos and a voice-over. Upon completion of the online theory modules, you will receive a PDF manual which you can refer back on. All modules and examinations are completed online with full online support available.
Once this has been completed and you have received your intimate waxing certificate but still feel you would like to come into the salon to watch us at work with our existing clients and ask questions I would encourage for you to do so. I will be more than happy to give you this extra time and support. I am fortunate enough to do what I love for a living and hope I can pass this passion on to my students. I believe in an open-door policy and even if after your course you still feel like you need some encouragement and guidance you are more than welcome to come back.
After completion of your GTi online examinations and one day of practical assessment your certificates will be issued from The Guild of Beauty Therapists once success has been logged by Kelly Ann’s Beauty.
Eligibility For female intimate waxing Training Course
- You will need to be qualified and experienced in warm waxing for at least 6 months.
- You will need access to a computer and the internet as well as having your own email account. This is so you can complete your online theory prior to the practical day.
Practical Day 10am to 2pm Approx
Times are a guideline only as the time taken will depend on the speed at which each student learns.
You would have already watched the online training videos of each stage before the practical day.
You will be provided with a PDF course manual to use as a reference to review before the practical day, these can be printed or downloaded from your student portal. There will also be the below downloads available for your future use and reference:
What you will be learning and demonstrating on your practical day:
- Maintain safe and effective methods of working when providing Female Intimate Waxing treatments.
- Consult, plan and prepare for Female Intimate Waxing treatments.
- Provide Female Intimate Waxing treatments.
- Provide aftercare advice
Course content Overview
After payment, you will receive access details by email to complete the Online Theory.
The online theory will cover the following:
- Professional Standards Course
- Introduction & Types of Wax
- Reception & Consultation
- Anatomy & Physiology – The Skin
- Anatomy & Physiology – The Hair & The Endocrine System
- The Female Reproductive System
- Contra-indications Requiring Adaptation & Contra-actions
- Equipment & Preparation
Approximately 9 hours of study time will be required to complete the theory element of this course. Once successfully completing the online theory you will receive a Professional Standards certificate. You will then need to contact Kelly Ann’s Beauty with the practical session code you receive online and we will discuss available course dates with you for your practical training day.
Expectations On The Day
- All students must be dressed in suitable comfortable clothing
- Long hair should be tied back.
- Comfortable shoes must be worn.
- Minimal jewellery should be worn.
- Kelly Ann’s Beauty will provide all the tools required to do female intimate waxing
- Students must bring a model to work on.
- Tea, coffee and water will be provided; however, students can bring a packed lunch.
Insurance For Training With Kelly Ann’s Beauty
Whilst training you will be practising on volunteer models and will be completely covered and insured by Kelly Ann’s Beauty.
Once you are fully qualified and have received your female intimate waxing certificate there are a number of insurance companies where you can obtain public liability insurance, this will be explained and advised of on the practical day. With this being said you will find in our course costs that you can upgrade to a guild membership for an extra £70.