- Full face £180
- Neck – £120
- Full face and neck - £250
- Top lip and mouth – £100
- Forehead and eyes – £100
- Body – from £200 depending on area to be treated
Microneedling is a cosmetic skin treatment procedure, it is used to rejuvenate the skin and improve the skins surface. It can be used to improve the appearance of fine lines, expression lines, wrinkles, enlarged pores, and acne scars, hyperpigmentation and stretch marks. The small wounds cause your body to make more collagen and elastin, which heal your skin and help you look younger. You might also hear it called collagen induction therapy.
What is involved?
As the microneedling device moves across the skin, it makes multiple small needle punctures in the skin’s outer epidermis layer, creating very minor micro injuries. In response to the perceived injury, new collagen synthesis is triggered and the micro holes created allow passage of healing serums. These treatment effects aim to produce overall skin rejuvenation.
The microneedling device is used to make multiple small micro needle punctures in the skin. Prior to the procedure, topical anaesthetic cream is applied to improve your comfort. Basic micro needling treatment includes the application of healing gels and serums during the procedure. When microneedling is administered as a part of the vampire facial, the patient’s own blood-derived growth factors and platelet rich plasma (PRP) are applied during the procedure. The entire procedure is normally completed within 30-60 minutes depending on the required treatment and the anatomical site.
Benefits of micro needling
- Acne scars
- Age spots also called sun spots
- fine lines and wrinkles
- Large Pores
- Other types of scarring
- Reduced skin elasticity
- Uneven skin tone
How many treatments will I need?
More than one treatment will likely be required to achieve or maintain results, but this depends on the treatment aim and client response to treatment. Results can be seen at 2-3 weeks after treatment, but peak results are usually seen at 4-6 weeks. The duration of results varies between clients.
There are a few precautions you need to take before your microneedling appointment to get the best results from your treatment. If you are on any medication listed below please consult your doctor before stopping any medication.
- Avoid Accutane six months prior to beginning your treatment sessions.
- Do not use topical agents that may increase the sensitivity of your skin such as retinoids, exfoliants, topical antibiotics or acids 5-7 days prior to your treatment.
- Do not take anti-inflammatory medications such as ibuprofen, Motrin, or Advil for at least 3 days prior to your microneedling session.
- Avoid IPL/Laser, Shaving, waxing, hair removal creams, and electrolysis in the week leading up to your appointment they can all irritate the skin.
- If you are prone to cold sores, take an antiviral agent for 2 days prior to your treatment and the day of the treatment.
- Avoid blood thinning agents for one week prior to your treatment because bruising is a common side effect of microneedling.
The following aftercare advice is essential to help reduce the risk of treatment complications, to improve your comfort/healing and to help achieve the best possible results from treatment.
Please follow the aftercare advice for microneedling.
- The treated area of skin may feel slightly tender and appear red and swollen afterwards. You may occasionally experience skin peeling and appearances may be similar to mild sunburn. These effects will resolve naturally and should be much improved after 48 hours but may take longer to settle. You may experience some minor bruising which may take 1-2 weeks to resolve in some cases.
- Use a mild cleanser with tepid water to clean your face for 3 days after the treatment and gently dry the treated area. Keep your hands clean when touching your face.
- Avoid any perfumes, fake tan or other harsh chemicals for 72 hours after treatment.
- Avoid any makeup for 24 hours after treatment as this can increase the risk of infection.
- Avoid rubbing or picking the treated area.
- Avoid any skin exfoliation for 72 hours following treatment.
- It is important to use a regular moisturising cream around two to three times a day on the treated area. Use more regularly if you feel the skin dry or peeling.
- Avoid any products that contain alpha hydroxy acids, retinol, and glycolic acid for at least 7 days after treatment.
- Avoid strenuous exercise, saunas, sunbeds and exposure to heat for 72 hours after treatment. These can cause sweating which can irritate the delicate skin and slow down your ability to heal quickly.
- Avoid swimming for 72 hours after treatment.
- Avoid any excess alcohol or caffeine for 48 hours after treatment.
- Wear SPF 30 or greater sunscreen for at least 2 weeks following treatment as your skin will be more sensitive to sunlight afterwards.
- Avoid any further cosmetic treatments e.g. Botox or dermal filler for 2 weeks following treatment.
- Avoid any hair removal treatments such as waxing for 2 weeks after treatment or until the initial redness and swelling has resolved.