The Fresh New Face of Beauty
Microdermabrasion facial is a deeply effective treatment for renewing a fresh, young-looking glow to your skin. Microdermabrasion can best be described as plastic surgery without the plastic… or the surgery! It’s one of the simplest and least disruptive skin treatments and is ideal even for people with sensitive skin.
The microdermabrasion technique works with microcrystals, which are hard enough to disrupt unwanted tired skin cells that cause dull looking skin. But small enough not to do any damage or even cause discomfort or pain. The technique involves propelling the microcrystals across the skin’s surface, removing only the top layer of skin cells. This technology reveals new, living cells leaving a healthy glow. The epidermal layers of the skin are rejuvenated leading to collagen production and plumper skin.
Microdermabrasion is a progressive procedure. After the first session your skin will feel softer and you may see a very subtle improvement. Generally a course of sessions is required to gain visible improvement. Your skin however will improve with additional treatments as increased circulation is noted within the dermis and newer, healthier skin cells are produced.
What is Involved
Microdermabrasion treatments use a minimally abrasive instrument to gently remove the top layer of the skins cells. A facial is included in this treatment, see below for what is involved for a facial. This type of skin rejuvenation is used to treat light scarring, discolouration, sun damage, and stretch marks.
- Improve age spots and black heads.
- Improve hyper-pigmentation (patches of darkened skin).
- Exfoliate your skin, resulting in a refreshed appearance.
- Lessen the appearance of stretch marks.
- Reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
- Reduce or eliminate enlarged pores.
- Treat acne and the scars left by acne.
Microdermabrasion helps to thicken your collagen, which results in a younger looking complexion. Collagen is a protein in your skin that’s abundant when you’re a child and makes skin appear taut and smooth. Collagen production declines as we age, resulting in looser, uneven skin.
Microdermabrasion Risks & Safety
Any discomfort experienced as part of microdermabrasion is usually short-lived. This can include redness and swelling, which should subside within a few hours. The pressure used is gradually built up through sessions. In some cases the skin can be flaky and dry for several days.
- Additional microdermabrasion risks include:
- Bruising, although very unlikely, can occur from the suction and may last several days.
- Your skin will be more sensitive to sun exposure. Be sure to use sunscreen, especially immediately following a microdermabrasion session. You will leave with a SPF sun block on your face.
Your polished new look should be long-lasting, depending on the severity of your skin damage and the number of treatments that you receive. Many people have two microdermabrasion treatments per month at first and then one per month as part of a maintenance plan.
Before your treatment
Please come with your face free of all makeup
- 3 treatments Face £130
- 3 Treatments Face & neck £150
- Microdermabrasion with facial - Face £50
- Microdermabrasion with facial - Face & Neck £50
- Microdermabrasion - On it's own £25
- Block courses available
Pre Treatment and Aftercare Advice
Pre Treatment Advice:
• Do not use Retin-A or other exfoliating creams 24 to 72 hours (1 to 3 days) prior to your treatment.
• Avoid sun tanning or tanning creams/sprays for at least a week before treatment
• You must NOT have recently had laser surgery or used Accutane
• Candidates who have had a recent chemical peel or other skin procedure, such as collagen injections, should wait two to three weeks before undergoing microdermabrasion.
• Prospective patients should also refrain from waxing or tanning the skin to be treated for a few weeks prior to microdermabrasion treatment.
• Wash your face and neck with a non-oily, non-soap based cleanser before each scheduled treatment.
Immediately after treatment:
You may experience some slight swelling, erythema, dryness or itching of your skin, this is unlikely but if this is to happen apply a cold compress to the area and keep hydrated.
Things to do after treatment:
Drink plenty of water, apply a cold compress to the area if your skin feels hot, apply a non perfumed hydrating moisturiser daily and use SPF 30 everyday
Things to avoid:
Avoid make up for 24-48 hours, avoid UV exposure for upto 7 days, avoid heat treatments and self tan for upto 48hours.
Future treatment recommendations:
We recommended a course of 8-10 microderm treatments. Treatments can be done every 7-10 days.
Hydrating water based cleanser to use daily, sensitive toner to use daily and a hydrating non perfumed moisturiser with SPF 30 to use daily.
- £40 Time Taken 1 Hour
Facials not only pamper your skin, they completely relax your mind and body as well. We have the perfect relaxing setting for your facial needs, with dimmed lights, comfortable bed, soft music and the sound of a relaxing water feature, lay back and let us take care of you and your skin.
A treatment customised to your individual needs. The treatment includes full skin analysis to identify your skin type and any problem areas that require additional focus.
This is followed by a deep cleanse, toner, exfoliation, masque and moisturiser, specifically suited to your needs. We also use collagen lip masks as an added treatment while your face masque is on, the collagen lip masks are specially formulated to have the perfect blend of collagen, amino acids and natural fruit extracts, this collagen lip mask softens, moistens and repairs your lips to give them their natural elasticity back.
Before your treatment
Please come with your face free of makeup.
Immediately after your facial do not touch your face, use any harsh products on your skin, use any uv lights/sun beds and do not have any heat treatments. To keep your skin looking and feeling fresh, the day after your facial please cleanse, tone and moisturise your face., also make sure to clean your face daily especially after work and exercise. It is a good idea to maintain your facials with a 4 weekly treatment.
Chemical Face Peels
£250 For a course of 3 treatments
- We use 3 different types of Linea Skin Peels, light medium and strong. We will determine which skin peel is suitable for your skin type.
Chemical peels involve the application of a chemical solution to the surface of the skin. This allows for the careful removal of its outer layers.The amount of skin being removed will depend on the peel being used, the strength and how long it is left onto the skin.
Chemical peels come in different strengths ranging from superficial or light peels. These have minimum down time and can be done in a lunch hour. Through to deep peels which can give dramatic results but will have an equally dramatic healing process and more serious side effects.
Courses of treatments are usually required with light peels. They can also be a great way of giving your skin a boost before a special occasion.
Almost anyone can benefit from a chemical peel. Peels can improve the look of your skin dramatically and leave you looking younger and healthier.
If you have any of the following skin concerns then you could be a candidate for a peel.
Dry skin Acne Acne scarring
Oily skin Lines Wrinkles
Rejuvenation Sun damage Dull of lifeless skin
If you have a history of poor healing of the skin or keloid scarring you may not be suitable for a peel, especially for deeper peels where scarring is a risk.
Care needs to be taken as skin will burn/damage more easily in sunlight and be more sensitive. Avoidance of the following for 7 days will give best results.
No further exfoliating Saunas or steam rooms
Laser treatments Make up
Heat treatments Swimming or hot tubs