Vitamin B12 Injections
- £30 per injection
- £100 for a course of 4 injections
If you are lacking energy and motivation you may find B12 will help give you the boost you need.
Vitamin B12 is also known as Cobalamin, it is a water-soluble vitamin essential for both fatty acid and amino metabolism as well as DNA synthesis. It is vital for the normal functioning of the nervous system and aids the formation of red blood cells, vital for carrying oxygenated blood around the body.
An intramuscular injection of B12 is given into the Deltoid muscle in the side of the upper arm. When injected into the muscle it passes quickly and easily into the blood stream. The procedure is very quick, you may feel a short, sharp pain during the injection.
Replacement of vitamin B12 is in the form of Hydroxocobalamin given by intramuscular injection. Vitamin B12 is targeted to try and facilitate weight loss, fatigue, anemia, multiple neurological and psychiatric signs and symptoms. Other benefits and support Vitamin B12 can help with are listed below
- Chronic IBS
- Healthy Nails and hair
- Hair loss
- Joint pain
- Poor memory
- Mood swings
- Weight loss
- Loss of appetite
- Thyroid issues
- Numbness and pins and needles
Best results are achieved with clients who continue treatments routinely. Frequency will depend on your goal, if for weight loss they can be administered once or twice weekly for energy and fat metabolism. Some doctors recommend B-12 injections if you’re having an overall deficiency in this micronutrient. We would advise 1 injection weekly for 4 weeks and then a maintenance injection as you feel you need, which could be monthly or every 2-3 months
Eat a meal or light snack prior to treatment. Notify clinician if you have a needle phobia, prior to treatment. This allows the clinician to take the appropriate precautions to ensure your treatment is as comfortable as possible.
Please follow the aftercare advice for intramuscular Vitamin B12 injection.
- You must contact your practitioner as soon as possible if you experience any side effects after having the injection.
- You may experience some mild tenderness, redness and swelling around the injection site. These effects will usually resolve within 48 hours.
- You may experience some bruising around the injection site, this will resolve naturally but may take 1-2 weeks to resolve.
- You must seek medical attention and contact your practitioner if you develop any signs or symptoms of skin infection around the injection site. Infection can present as hot, red shiny skin, there may be pus formation and you may have a fever or feel generally unwell.
- Seek medical attention if you feel unwell or experience any significant side effects following the injection.