Volume Eyelash Extension Training (Available in Southampton & Horsham Area)
- £399 (this includes the Complete Course Kit)
- £299 without kit
- £599 one to one training with kit
- £499 one to one training without kit
One to one training is available on request.
All Contents of our kit can be purchased from our online shop, with other products available
You will be required to pay a fee of £25 to become a GTI student member to complete the online theory. If within the first 3 months of your membership you were to upgrade to a full membership the £25 you paid will be deducted from the full Guild membership and insurance cost. This will mean you will be able to upgrade to a full member including insurance for £70 including VAT. The GTi course includes the GTi Professional Standards course FREE of charge this is usually priced at £49 + VAT.
Kelly Ann’s Beauty Southampton is a Guild member working in conjunction with GTI (Guild Training International)Guild Training International is the training arm of the guild of beauty therapists. All courses are accredited and certified to enable you to gain liability insurance which can also be obtained through The Guild.
I genuinely believe as a trainer I have a responsibility for my students and to the reputation of the beauty industry overall. Eyelash Extensions is a skill and like any skill takes a bit of time and practice to perfect. I want to encourage my students to perfect their craft and obtain a real sense of achievement from this course which is exactly why I have structured it in a unique way which is detailed in the Content Overview.
You will be trained to the highest standard and will have on-going support until you have the knowledge and confidence to go it alone. Your training with Kelly Ann’s Beauty will be completed once you have completed the following:
- The Theory
- The practical day
- Your case studies
- Assessment day
Once this has been completed and you have received your eyelash extension certificate but still feel you would like to come into the salon to watch us at work with our existing clients and ask questions I would encourage for you to do so. I will be more than happy to give you this extra time and support. I am fortunate enough to do what I love for a living and hope I can pass this passion on to my students. I believe in an open-door policy and even if after your course you still feel like you need some encouragement and guidance you are more than welcome to come back.
Eligibility for The Volume Eyelash Extension Training Course:
- Kelly Ann’s Beauty also provides a classic eyelash extension course which is available separately or we can do Classic and Volume at a reduced price.
- You will need access to a computer and the internet as well as having your own email account. This is so you can complete your online theory prior to the practical.
- A minimum of 6 Case Studies – In order to successfully complete this course, you will need to complete all Case Studies. A Case Study is a volunteer model who you have successfully completed a full set of volume eyelash extensions on.
- Patch Testing – Anyone you will be training on will be required to be patch tested. You will be advised of this prior to your practical day.
The Practical Day (11:00am to 4:00pm approx)
Times are a guideline only as the time taken will depend on the speed at which each student learns.
You would have already watched the online training videos of each stage before the practical day.
You will be provided with a PDF course manual to use as a reference to review before the practical day.
You will need to bring a model to the afternoon session, we ask that they arrive for 1 o’clock, you will be made aware of this prior to your practical day, as they will need to arrange with us to be patch tested also.
What you will be learning and demonstrating on your practical day:
- Getting used to the equipment and practice making fans
- Application of volume Eyelash Extension on model volunteer
- Questions and Answers with practical demonstrations
After completing your practical day, you will be assigned a number of case studies to complete, providing before and after pictures of your work this will make up your portfolio of evidence which you will be required to bring along on your assessment day.
Expectations on the day
- All students must be dressed in suitable comfortable clothing
- Long hair should be tied back.
- Comfortable shoes must be worn.
- Minimal jewellery should be worn.
- Tea, coffee and water will be provided; however, students can bring a packed lunch. There are shops and restaurants nearby.
Course Content Overview:
After payment you will receive access details by email to complete the Online Theory.
The online theory will cover the following:
- Introduction, reception and consultation
- Anatomy and physiology of the hair and eye
- Contra-indications & Contra-actions
- Application of volume eyelash extensions
Approximately 7 hours of study time will be required to complete the theory element of this course. Once successfully completing the online theory you will receive a Professional Standards certificate. You will then need to contact Kelly Ann’s Beauty with the practical session code you receive online and we will discuss available course dates with you for your practical training day.
- Fine Point Straight Tweezers x 1
- S Curved Tweezers x 1
- L Shape Tweezers x 1
- Slim Angled Tweezers x 1
- D curl 0.07 x 8, 10 & 12mm
- Cleansing Brush
- Cleansing Bottle
- Eyelash Shampoo
- Glue Well
- Transpore tape
- Eyelash Pallete
- Eyelash Mirror
- Masacra Wands x 5
For those supplying their own kit your kit should include the following: Individual Eyelash Extensions sizes 0.04mm, 0.05mm or 0.07mm Adhesive, Tape or Pads, Fine Point Tweezers and your choice of volume tweezers.
GTi online examinations and one day of practical assessment Certificates will be issued from The Guild of Beauty Therapists once success has been logged by Kelly Ann’s Beauty.
The assessment will take no longer than 3 hours. The assessment is your opportunity to demonstrate exactly what you’ve learned from the course in a relaxed, non-pressured environment which is familiar to you and where there is full support from your mentor if needed. You will not be watched during the process however it gives your mentor the opportunity to come and see the end result and be there to ask any questions. Once the assessment is completed you will be given feedback and advise of when you will receive your Volume Eyelash extension certificate.
Insurance For Training With Kelly’s Ann's Beauty
Whilst training you will be practising on volunteer models and will be completely covered and insured by Kelly Ann’s Beauty.
However, whilst performing your case studies you will be expected to practice on family members, relatives or close friends who will have to sign a consent form that will be provided. You will be expected not to advertise for people for practice nor to accept payment for service, even in kind.
Once you are fully qualified and have received your eyelash extension certificate there are a number of insurance companies where you can obtain public liability insurance, this will be explained and advised of on the practical day. With this being said you will find in our course costs that you can upgrade to a guild membership for an extra £70.