- With Full Kit: £290.00
- (kit optional)
- Without Kit: £250
- (you will need to provide the kit contents listed to perform treatments after training)
- You will not be required to use your kit on the training day.
One to One Training with kit £390
One to One Training without kit £350
The GTi course includes the GTi Professional Standards course FREE of charge this is usually priced at £49 + VAT. You will be required to pay a fee of £25 to become a GTI student member to complete the online theory. If within the first 3 months of your membership you were to upgrade to a full membership the £25 you paid will be deducted from the full Guild membership and insurance cost. This will mean you will be able to upgrade to a full member including insurance for £70 including VAT.
Kelly Ann’s Beauty Southampton is a Guild member working in conjunction with GTI (Guild Training International)
Guild Training International is the training arm of the guild of beauty therapists. All courses are accredited and certified to enable you to gain liability insurance which can also be obtained through The Guild.
I genuinely believe as a trainer I have a responsibility for my students and to the reputation of the beauty industry overall.
You will be trained to the highest standard and will have on-going support until you have the knowledge and confidence to go it alone. Your training with Kelly Ann’s Beauty will be completed once you have completed the following:
- The Theory
- The practical day
Waxing is an excellent addition to any treatment menu and provides repeat business as it is an essential maintenance option for many clients. The GTi Waxing Course meets the Habia National Occupational Standards and covers the various types of hair removal, anatomy and physiology, skin disorders and diseases, contra-actions and contra-indications, reception, consultation, ventilation, technique, and aftercare.
This course covers the technique for performing warm waxing on a number of different areas including the legs, bikini line, arms and face. Contra-indications are detailed as well as the correct way to carry out a thorough consultation. It also includes a practical training day.
The course is beautifully written and accompanied by images, video and a voice-over. Upon completion of the online theory, students will receive a manual which they can use to refer back to. Twelve of the modules and examinations are completed online with full online support available. The remaining module consists of a practical day and examination which is to be completed at Kelly Ann’s Beauty. On completion of the course, successful students will receive a GTi certificate in Waxing.
Once this has been completed and you have received your Waxing certificate but still feel you would like to come into the salon to watch us at work with our existing clients and ask questions I would encourage for you to do so. I will be more than happy to give you this extra time and support. I am fortunate enough to do what I love for a living and hope I can pass this passion on to my students. I believe in an open-door policy and even if after your course you still feel like you need some encouragement and guidance you are more than welcome to come back.
GTi online examinations and one day of practical assessment Certificates will be issued from The Guild of Beauty Therapists once success has been logged by Kelly Ann’s Beauty.
Eligibility for the Waxing Training Course:
- No previous experience is required.
- You will need access to a computer and the internet as well as having your own email account. This is so you can complete your online theory prior to the practical day.
Practical Day 10am to 2pm approx.
Times are a guideline only as the time taken will depend on the speed at which each student learns. You would have already watched the online training videos of each stage before the practical day. You will be provided with a PDF course manual to use as a reference to review before the practical day. There will also be the below downloads available for your future use and reference:
Sample GP consent letter
Sample parental consent letter
Sensitivity patch testing requirements
Table of terminology
What you will be learning and demonstrating on your practical day:
- Warm Wax Technique on the following areas:
Course content Overview:
After payment you will receive access details by email to complete the Online Theory.
The online theory will cover the following:
- Professional Standards Course
- Introduction and different Methods of Hair Removal
- Reception and Consultation
- Anatomy & Physiology – of the skin
- Anatomy and Physiology of the hair and the endocrine system
- Contra-indications Requiring Adaption and Contra-Actions.
- The Theory of the warm waxing technique for:
- Warm Wax 425g x 1
- Disposable Spatulas x 100
- Waxing Strips x 100
- Pre-Wax Lotion 250ml
- After-Wax Lotion 250ml
- 1000cc Wax Heater x 1
- Wax Equipment Cleaner 250ml
Expectations on the day
- All students must be dressed in suitable comfortable clothing
- Long hair should be tied back.
- Comfortable shoes must be worn.
- Minimal jewellery should be worn.
- Kelly Ann’s Beauty will provide all the equipment required to do Waxing treatments.
- You must bring a model to work on, they must have at least 3 weeks hair growth on the areas to be waxed.
- Tea, coffee and water will be provided; however, students can bring a packed lunch. There are shops and restaurants nearby.
Insurance For Training With Kelly Ann’s Beauty
Whilst training you will be practising on volunteer models and will be completely covered and insured by Kelly Ann’s Beauty.
Once you are fully qualified and have received your Waxing certificate there are a number of insurance companies where you can obtain public liability insurance, this will be explained and advised of on the practical day. With this being said you will find in our course costs that you can upgrade to a guild membership for an extra £70.